Face masks are par excellence when it comes to caring for your skin. With a myriad of actions including detoxifying, moisturising, minimising pores, reducing fine lines and improving cell function, to name just a few, the right mask can make a real difference in your skincare routine. Seed to Skin offers three different masks to treat an array of skin concerns and conditions. Find out which one works best for you, or alternate our masks for extraordinary results!
Iris and Dave trying our new Devotion body balm with Vetiver, suitable for both men and women ✨⠀
Although formulated for the body, @prettyinpalm says @daveygeeee loves the smell so much he was applying it to his face 💚 Whatever works hey? 😂⠀
Shop now at seedtoskin.com or @mrporterlive⠀
#seedtoskin #devotionvetiver #bodybalm
✨INGREDIENT SPOTLIGHT - Vetiver✨
So after our most recent product launch (Devotion Body Balm with Vetiver), we decided to do a little research on this ever-popular woody scent - how it's made, where you can find it, and its other interesting uses.
10 facts about Vetiver
1. If you've never smelled vetiver, it's commonly described as a warm and dry scent, with woody earthy notes. Some people describe it as similar to the smell of uncut grass on a hot day.
2. It's a fast-growing perennial grass from the Poaceae family of plants, which also includes the heavenly lemongrass and citronella.
3. The expansive roots are where the essential oil of vetiver is extracted, and this oil is used widely in perfumery and incense production.
4. Because it's a complex oil with over 100 elements, the scent of Vetiver cannot be created artificially, meaning that the roots are highly prized.
5. Vetiver also has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties that make it good for topical skin applications.
6. Vetiver is native to Southern India, Sri Lanka, and Indonesia, but today is widely cultivated in various countries around the world, including Reunion, Haiti, the Philippines, Japan, the Comoro Islands, West Africa and Polynesia.
7. In India, vetiver essential oil was an ingredient of ancient perfumes and was referred to as "the oil of tranquility", said to bring inner calm. It was also a common ingredient of incense powders in India and Sri Lanka, where it is called Khus.
8. It's a hugely popular fragrance for men and is estimated to be in at least 20% of men’s colognes, adding complexity and greenness to scents.
9. Great as a home fragrance too! As it's a mild natural sedative, the scent of vetiver encourages stillness and tranquillity, combating nervousness and anxiety. Using it in the home is said to boost confidence and reduce irritability. It's also a natural deodoriser!
10. Latin name? Vetiveria zizanoides
And there you have it - ten facts you might not have known about Vetiver! What do you think of Vetiver? Is it one of your favourite scents? 🌱
#vetiver #essentialoils #vetiverscent #seedtoskin
For gorgeous, healthy, well balanced skin, you'll want to pair our new overnight serum The Biom'Sphere with The Midnight Miracle, our overnight facial oil. ⠀
With its 100% active ingredients, our repair oil is rich in Vitamins A and E to promote rapid skin turnover and cell regeneration. The perfect partner for The Biom'Sphere ✨
Thank you @skindoctrine for this incredible image 😍 #midnightmiracleoil #facialoil #seedtoskin
A little shout out to one of our lovely stockists @organic_luxury_muc for sending us these beautiful photos of #seedtoskin in their Münich boutique store. ⠀
Founded in 2008 by Kornelia Rose, Organic Luxury is a pioneer among green beauty stores and is distinguished by the finest selection of the most sought-after organic beauty products and natural cosmetic brands from all over the world. ⠀
Stay tuned as each week we spotlight one of our stockists from around the globe 🌍 We are so thankful for you all! ⠀
#organicluxury #munich #seedtoskin